Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 October 2011

How to Prevent Eyeshadows from Creasing

Don't you hate it when it's the end of the day, your eyeshadows crease up?

I think one of the reasons why I've been a sucessful makeup artist is because I have very difficult skin.  My skin is oily so I constantly search for the next best thing to help keep my eyeshadows on.

The best eyeshadow primer that I've used handsdown is the Urban Decay Primer Potion!!!  It's so good that you can go party all night, (and if you fall asleep, face down in your pillow without suffocating), and although, your fake eyelashes might end up on your cheeks or stuck to the eyebrows...and lipstick smeared...you'll wake up with eyeshadows still looking perfect.

It is better than these other eye primers I've used:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
Smashbox Photofinish Lid Primer
MAC Paintpots or Prep & Prime products
Motives Eye Base
BeneFit Stay Don't Stray

Keep in mind, the primers listed above are specific for eyeshadows...not for your entire face. 

I've used both the purple bottle (original) and beige bottle (eden).  Thank GOD, they come in a squeeze tube now, because it was such a pain to dig stuff out from their former design (shaped like some sort of arabic bottle).  A lot of product got wasted because I couldn't get to the curvy parts of the bottle with the stick straight wand. 

 (booooo.. for odd shaped bottle)

I personally like the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original because it goes on fairly clear.  It's pretty good on most skin colors!  However, with the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden, it would come out like a creamy, matte, MAC NC15 colored, concealer so it didn't work on all skin colors. 


I would definitely recommend picking up a squeeze bottle of the Urban Decay Potion Primer in Original.  It will prevent your eyeshadows from creasing and it will change your life!!

2 comments:

  1. I like UDPP too! definitely a staple!


    http://www.shellzdoll.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting and unique post... thanks

    ReplyDelete