1) I cleaned out the cup using alcohol and a q-tip. The alcohol ran through the front so I don't think there was blockage there. However, when I hooked it back up to the compressor, it still only blew out air, no product.
2) I cleaned it out again using alcohol again but with a tiny pipe cleaner brush that the retired MUA had included in the kit. She said you can only get these in the UK. They fit further into the passage way and they're lint free so no threads get stuck up in there. Unfortunately, it was still all air and no product.
3) I took it apart and soaked all the parts in 99% Isopropyl alcohol according to the Temptu DVD. I soaked it for 15 min, tried it again, but still just air and no product. So I soaked it for the night, tried it in the morning...still no product spraying out! Rawr!
I was so disappointed at this point. I started researching which parts I needed to replace and what new airbrush guns that I could purchase here in Edmonton instead of online. I wanted to play with the airbrush system immediately so I was going to head down to an art store or a hobby/toy store to pick something up.
I also researched how to clean an airbrush machine and came across this girl's youtube video. She was showing how she cleaned her Iwata airbrush gun at her salon. She was moving the needle back and forth while having her airbrush gun on. Mind you hers wasn't clogged, but I thought it would be a good idea to try it.
I screwed everything back on except for the back part (the shell that covers the needle) and I untightened the nut that holds the needle in place (so that it's movable). I filled the gravity feed cup with alcohol and started spraying.
Of course only air came out at that point, so I started moving the needle back and forth while still spraying, and it spurted for a mili-second and alcohol started spraying out!! So happy! I filled it again with water (twice) just to make sure and..yup, everything in the gravity feed cup drained dry and had been misted all out. Sucess! I guess the needle created enough pressure and disturbance, in conjunction with the alcohol, loosened whatever was clogging it.
I hope this helps other "doh! my airbrush is clogged" users!