Search This Blog

Thursday 1 December 2011

Best Eyeliner for the Waterline!

I have always had troubles finding an eyeliner that stayed on my waterline.  It would just melt away and disappear throughout the day.

I think everytime I have stepped into Sephora, I have bought a black pencil eyeliner to try and find the best eyeliner for my waterline.  I think I found something close to it....

Ta da!  Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof and Tearproof Eyeliner!
I love this pencil.  I keep it for myself instead of in my kit (I know, I'm selfish).  The pencil runs at about $20 a pop at Sephora and it's worth every penny.  It's dark, pigmented, and glides on smoothly (like the Urban Decay 24/7) and it comes with a smudger hard foam tip at the back of the pencil!

The Process:  I have oily skin so I usually prime my eyelids and under my eyes with Urban Decay Potion Primer (original).  I try to prime the area closest to my upper and lower lash line...  I would line my waterline, then smudge it a bit with the smudger tip.  THEN, I would dust over the eyeliner with a matte black eyeshadow powder to set it even further.  As an extra step, I dab on a little of the Makeup Forever HD translucent powder under my eye to absorb any oil and brush excess powder away with a fluff brush.

My first impression was, "How the hell do I get this off?!?!".  The first time I tried it, I hopped into the shower and it didn't come off.  I was actually pretty freaked out and was wondering how the hell I was supposed to get it off since that's never been a problem for me.  Anyway, I used a little bit of olive oil on a Q-tip and took most of it off.

It's better than (takes a deep breath):
Revlon Colorstay (pretty good for a drugstore brand!!!  This irritated my eyes though...which is weird because I put everything on my waterline...it might be different for other people though? Updated: August 11/12)
Urban Decay 24/7 (really dark, but doesn't stay on)
Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes (not dark enough)
Stila Smudgestick Waterproof Eyeliner (smudges)
Buxom Insider Liner (not dark enough and it disappears fast)
MAC Smolder
Too Faced Lava Gloss Eyeliner (this is super dark, but omg, this smudges EVERYWHERE! The horror...)
Styli-Style (not bad for a drugstore eyeliner...stays on, but not dark enough)
Bourjois Smokey Eyes (stays on pretty good, but not dark enough)
Motives Eyeliner (pretty dark, and glides smoothly, but doesn't stay on)
Eveline Charles
Bonnebelle
Beautique from Sally Beauty (Updated: August 11/12)
Covergirl Perfect Point Plus

I'm sure I've owned other liners before...but clearly not worth mentioning if I don't remember them.  I've also tried gel liners before on my waterline like the Bobbi Brown gel liner and the MAC Fluidline gel liner and they were okay.  I still prefer the Too Faced Perfect Eyes on my waterline because I don't have to deal with brushing on the gel liner with a liner brush.  If I had to choose a gel liner to use, it would definitely be the Bobbi Brown over the MAC Fluidtrack (because the MAC Fluidtrack flakes off).  I find the Too Faced Perfect Eyes pencil a lot easier to glide on the waterline and it's darker.

The only complaint that I have about it (and this is more of a preference then anything), is that it's not in a retractable pencil form.  I'm lazy...I sometimes don't feel like sharpening my pencil and would rather twist up my eyeliner when it get's too low. 

Try it out!  Let us know if you have something better! :)

3 comments:

  1. i heard Mally Beauty Evercolor Automatic Waterproof Eyeliners is best for the waterline. it last for 8 hours. did you ever try it? which best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! I'm so glad i found this blog!!! Keep up the good work/advices! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love Lancome's Le Stylo Waterproof liner in Noir, also a twist up. It gives the darkness i want and stays on very well. I ran a marathon with it on and never smudged! The only complaints I have is you must keep the cap on tight or will dry out super fast. The price point is not my favorite either $25.50. Can't wait to try Too Faced Perfect Eyes and Mallys Wp liner!

    ReplyDelete